LATITUDE Pharmaceuticals Inc., a San Diego-based drug formulation development company, is seeking a scientist/senior scientist to lead individual drug formulation development projects. LATITUDE utilizes its extensive experience and proprietary technologies to solve issues of insolubility, instability, poor absorption and other formulation challenges over a range of dosage forms for both external clients and internal programs. A successful candidate will possess proficiency in a variety of analytical chemistry techniques. This is a salaried, full-time position.
- Act as the lead on multiple projects with direct and/or indirect report management responsibilities.
- Projects may involve pre-formulation assessment, formulation development, scale-up and/or tech transfer to manufacturing, as well as formulation optimization to provide desired solubility, stability and container compatibility.
- Design, execute and interpret formulation development based on the defined deliverables, planning the activities to meet the project timelines. Oversee the progress of projects.
- Prepare presentations of data and progress; make regular presentations to external clients during formulation development projects.
- Maintain and ensure safe laboratory environment and work practices.
- Remain current in the field by review of relevant scientific literature.
- The candidate may be responsible for the supervision of a group of up to 4 direct reports.
Required Skills and Experience
- D. degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Biochemistry or other industry-relevant field
- 4+ years’ experience in a laboratory setting with analytical chemistry techniques
Salary commensurate with experience. LATITUDE Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an EOE.
Interested candidates should send their resume (cover letter optional) to: email@example.com.