Cause and Effect Research of Common Chronic Diseases
Registration is free. See webinar requirements below:
- Registration is based on a first come first serve basis. Full name and email are required.
- Webinar will be delivered in Mandarin.
- No screenshot, photography and recording permitted during this event.
- 18:30-18:35 Welcome to SABPA Special Webinar
- 18:35-19:05 Obesity related kidney disease (Dr. Yanchun Li)
- 19:05-19:35 A study of overweight and metabolic disorder (Dr. Guoxun Chen)
- 19:35-20:05 Viral persistent and latent infections (Dr. Zhi-Ming Zheng)
- 20:05-20:15 Q&A
Yanchun Li PhD
Professor of Medicine, The University of Chicago
Dr. Li’s main research interest is the vitamin D endocrine system. His lab is exploring the functions of vitamin D using molecular, cellular and genetic approaches. Dr. Li received his BS and MS from Wuhan University. He obtained his PhD in Biochemistry from Kent State University and completed fellowship training at Mass General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
Guoxun Chen PhD
Associate Professor, University of Tennessee
Dr. Chen’s research focuses on the role of vitamin A in the regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism, and the development of chronic metabolic diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes. Dr. Chen received his BS and MS in Virology and Molecular Biology from Wuhan University and PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Zhi-Ming Zheng MD PhD
Senior Investigator, National Cancer Institute, NIH
Dr. Zheng’s research interests center on the RNA processing, RNA-protein interactions, and tumorigenesis of tumor viruses. Dr. Zheng received his medical and virological training in China and at Yale University. He received his Ph.D. from the University of South Florida School of Medicine.