Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Associate Director, Facilities Site Operations will be the primary internal customer interface for site facilities operations providing financial, site service, and project-related support within the San Diego Facilities Operations group. This role will support service delivery of outsourced facility services and self-performed facility services and will require operational knowledge of facility business functions and requirements, including EHS, Security, Site Engineering, and soft and hard services.
- Serve as the primary internal customer interface for site facilities operations
- Partner with IFM service provider to achieve customer/site needs
- Maintain frequent contact with managers/employees in other departments and/or customer representatives to coordinate activities concerning operational decisions and business requirements
- Ensure the interests of the customer are primary; acts as champion for customer
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of general site operations and facilities
- Support development and management of site operating budget
- Track and report ongoing department expenditures versus the budget and/or projections as needed
- Provide leadership, guidance, and problem-solving skills to employees either within the department or through project/process coordination
- Perform work, conducting activities and solving difficult or unusual problems
- Utilize analytical skills to identify data inconsistencies, investigate the source, and propose solutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of organizational structure, operating culture, effective work styles, and achieving results in an innovative environment
- Maintain and promote a clear understanding of company policies, performance metrics, and systems and use them during IFM provider interactions / activity management
- Serve as the primary customer of site engineering for site capital infrastructure projects, as well as development of CAPX plan
- Ensure proper commissioning and turnover of all capital projects to ensure customer needs are met
- Develop and ensure compliance with department SOPs, EHS policies and procedures including corporate/division policies
- Serve as a champion for site energy initiatives as well as ongoing energy consumption monitoring
- Serve as the site owner for site shutdowns and primary customer interface for related activities
- Maintain detailed and functional familiarity with the facilities database systems and processes
- Maintain responsibility for site auditing as it relates to environment, health, and safety
- Manage “out of scope” contracts supporting site operations
- Coordinate site emergency response
- Administer company policies by making decisions on matters of day-to-day implementation and interpretation
- May be required to support other sites in the region
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business-related discipline desired
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in operations, maintenance and service management of industrial buildings, research buildings, and systems, office systems and utility plants
- Hands on experience in the procurement, negotiation, and management of contracts with maintenance suppliers, contractors, and consultants
- Broad technical knowledge of facility operations, infrastructure, engineering, and systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve technical problems in very complex research systems
- High level of interpersonal, communication and presentational skills
- Must be able to influence others
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, sound business ethics, and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-volume, multi-site responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks as needed
- Understanding of maintenance work order system (CMMS)Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations and industry practices such as AAALAC, environmental regulations, building codes, ADA, and OSHA requirements
- Experience in managing the financial aspects of facility operations and services and demonstrated accounting and budget process knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Ariba, SAP, Maximo, and SharePoint desired
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $159,000 - $200,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation is decided based on demonstrated experience. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site. Eligibility for specific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.