iXCells Biotechnologies is searching for an experienced Sales Account Manager from scientific background to join our commercial team to increase service business, West Coast. Reporting to Director of Sales Operations, this role is responsible for the development, implement and execution of strategic sales plan to grow existing accounts and prospect new accounts in the area of cell biology research, drug discovery and development, biomarker identification/validation, predictive toxicology, cell and immunotherapy, and related cell-based assays.
Essential Responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as a key point of contact for customer engagement, drive profitable revenue growth, achieve or exceed annual sales goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement sales plans for growing existing accounts (upsell, cross sell)
- Develop strategies and prospecting tactics to gain new business.
- Collaborate with business development team, scientific operation teams and marketing to ensure coordination of efforts and ensure good communication with all parties
- Collaborate with Marketing to influence content for marketing collateral, campaigns (e.g., playbooks), etc.
- Ensure CRM records are accurate and continually update the status of sales opportunities flowing through sales development stages (ERP system); generate sales reports to monitor sales performance and develop sales forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of 2 year of sales experience, Master’s or PhD preferred.
- Broad knowledge in primary cells/stem cell research, cell engineering and business experience in preclinical CRO services, especially in a drug discovery setting is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills (verbal, written) and selling skills that result in trusting customer relationships.
- Self-motivated, highly flexible, organized, proven track record of meeting or exceeding company annual sales goals.
- Flexibility spending up to 40% travel.