Due to business expansion, we are currently seeking a talented and motivated individual with expertise in stem cell biology to join our science team dedicated to developing disease-relevant cellular models. The position is involved in assay development, CRO services and other R&D programs. The candidate is highly desired to have experiences in human iPSC/ESC culture, iPSC reprogramming and CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing techniques, and to independently design and deliver high quality results to meet company’s timelines. This position will involve in management and bench-level activities, as well as interactions with other research teams.
- Lead the group of Associate Scientists/Research Associates to execute the projects in developing disease-relevant cellular models to validate, identify and characterize drug candidate molecules.
- Design and execute process development studies focused on human iPSC reprogramming, genome editing, and implementing the innovative disease-in-a-dish models in drug discovery applications.
- Independently design, implement, troubleshoot, and contribute to the data analysis and present work to project teams.
- Utilize literatures and external resources in the workflow and harness novel technologies in assay development to support ongoing studies.
- Arrange proper trainings to junior researchers.
- Ph.D. with 3+ years working experience in biology, pharmacology or closely related fields.
- Industrial experience is preferred but nor required
- Experiences in human iPSC/ESC culture, iPSC reprogramming and CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing techniques are highly desired
- Experience with iPSC differentiation into different cell types is ideal but not required
- Solid technical knowledge and hands-on experiences with cell and molecular biology
- Work effectively and efficiently in the dynamic environment, and collaborate well with multiple departments
- Ability to manage multiple service/R&D projects
- Excellent communication and management skills
About iXCells Biotechnologies
iXCells Biotechnologies Inc. is a San Diego based cell biology and cell technology company dedicated to providing innovative pre-clinical drug discovery solutions with the focus on disease-relevant cellular models, enabling technologies and services to the academic, biotech and pharma communities to accelerate the pace of drug discovery. We offer our customers access to high quality primary and iPSC-derived cells, custom iPSC services, functional bioassay development and execution. With a network of collaborators and partners across biotech and pharma we continue to make discoveries and expand our product offerings to maintain our position as a leader in the marketplace.
iXCells Biotechnologies Inc. is fast growing with positive financial status. We sincerely invite talented and motivated individuals to join our growing teams. We treat our employees as our partners. You will have opportunities to turn your ideas into big impacts. In addition, we provide you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career with the talent development and employee engagementprograms.
iXCells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account (FSA)
Paid time off
Bonus (based on performance)
Incentive Stock Option (ISO)
Employee professional training program