Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
- Develops and executes local business plan to increase market share by outlining strategic drivers, tactics, and applying resources to appropriately promote assigned product(s) to health care providers, hospital administrators, key influencers and ancillary hospital staff along the patient continuum within a geographically defined area.
- Develops and executes innovative strategies to reach difficult to access health care providers and accounts in a compliant manner.
- Develops and leverages strong professional relationships with customers in clinical practice, pharmacy department, pharmacy and therapeutics committee (P&T) and other key influencers to encourage formulary access and product availability throughout the Integrated Delivery Network (IDN), health-system or individual hospital.
- Works collectively with matrix and alliance team members to arrange approved promotional programs, displays and hospital initiatives that will effectively and compliantly promote assigned products.
- Establishes and maintains excellent communications and sound working relationships with matrix and alliance team to facilitate the sale of assigned products and enhance customer relations at the territory level.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of disease state, BMS products and relevant competitor products, including: product characteristics, mechanism of action, indications, efficacy, safety, access/affordability & reimbursement services and payer/formulary.
- Ensures adherence to and compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, company policies and procedures. Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 3+ years of healthcare sales experience and/or cardiovascular clinical experience required.
- Experience as full-time Institutional Cardiovascular sales representative, cardiovascular clinic experience or prior account management experience working with health systems, hospitals and medical groups is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed sales objectives.
- Previous new product or concept launch experience desired.
- Experienced at identifying, engaging and establishing rapport and credibility with key decision makers such as health care professionals, hospital administrators and others involved in the patient continuum of care.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and understand industry trends to build business plans and grow the business in assigned territory.
- Strong clinical selling and business acumen skills
- Experience cultivating collaborative relationships with matrix and alliance teams in order to accomplish shared objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate ethics and integrity at all times
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the territory epicenter or within the territory geography
- As this position requires operation of a BMS-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by BMS in its sole discretion, including: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by BMS.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.