- Work independently on defined biopharmaceutical projects for development and/or characterization of vaccine upstream manufacturing processes.
- Manage project workflow to ensure on time delivery: from initial planning, experiment execution, to data evaluation.
- Design and execute lab-scale experiment in supporting upstream process development, verification, characterization, and tech transfer. Perform independent data analysis and interpretation and develop strategies for optimization and troubleshooting.
- Represent Vaccine Upstream Process Development Group in internal cross-functional teams and external communication with client.
- Manage technical transfer of processes into the non-GMP pilot plant or GMP production facility.
- Document development work in concise reports and provide project updates in written and oral presentations.
- Support maintenance tasks and new technology evaluations for laboratory instrumentation; interact with outside clients/vendors/suppliers
- The candidate should have background in one of the following fields: chemical engineering, biochemical or biological engineering, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, or microbiology.
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture or vaccine manufacturing using bioreactors is preferred.
- PhD degree and 0-2 years industry experience, or with MS degree and at least 3 years industry experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as ability to take on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and good interpersonal skills, work well with diverse team members