The Director of Business Development will be responsible for leading BGI’s business
development primarily with pharmaceutical accounts on the west coast. Major responsibilities
include identifying key business opportunities, maintaining strategic business relationship
leading to sustainable revenue growth, developing and executing an effective business plan to
better position BGI’s value in the pharmaceutical industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Implement BGI’s global business plan in the biopharma sector to achieve annual
sales/revenue target assigned for the US West territory;
2. Create and follow through new business opportunities with existing and
prospective Pharma/CRO clients;
3. Maintain and develop solid relationships and collaboration with key biopharma accounts
and key opinion leaders;
4. Understand current trend of drug discovery and development in the pharma industry.
Develop solid understanding of NGS/genomics applications in drug discovery &
development across the industry as well as within key pharma accounts.
5. Maintain strong knowledge of BGI’s genomics solutions and worldwide resources esp.
their applications relevant to biopharma needs. Customize and propose tailored solutions
to address clients’ needs.
6. Provide industry insights and marketing trends to facilitate product development. Assist
management in developing/improving BGI’s strategy in the pharma/CRO space.
1. 10+ years experience in pharmaceutical industry, R&D and/or business experience in
biomarker discovery, molecular diagnostics, genomics, bioinformatics strongly preferred.
2. Minimum MS in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics or equivalent
science degree. Ph.D. preferred.
3. Experience selling next generation sequencing and genomics service/products required.
Sales and business development experience with pharmaceutical accounts strongly
4. Excellent communications, analytical and organizational skills. Strong team work spirit.
Leadership and management experience strongly preferred.
5. Willingness to travel.
6. International business experience preferred.
Job Location: San Diego or the Bay Area.
BGI, the world’s leading genomics center, provides comprehensive sequencing and
bioinformatics services for medical, agricultural and environmental applications. We help our
customers to achieve their research goals by delivering rapid, high quality results using a
broad array of cost-effective, cutting-edge technologies. Our customers also benefit from our
scientific expertise and research experience that have generated over 1,800 publications,
many in top-tier journals such as Nature and Science. BGI is recognized globally as an
innovator for conducting international collaborative projects with leading research institutions
to better mankind and our world. On April 27th, 2010, BGI Americas was founded with its
main office in Boston, MA, U.S.A. BGI Americas offers scientific and technological solutions to
partners in all countries in North, Central, and South America, and seeks collaborative
opportunities in the “omics” field.
BGI Americas Corporation One Broadway, 3rd FL
Cambridge, MA 02142
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job, please forward a cover
letter and CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org