VP/Director of Business Development and Strategic Alliance
Biosion is dedicated to the innovation in the discovery and development of Best/First in Class Antibody Drug Candidates. Based on its proprietary antibody technology platforms (H3 antibody technology, Synergistic Antibody technology [SynAbTM], Biosion is committed to the development of a whole new generation of unique and high-quality therapeutic products.
The Vice President/Director of Business Development will play a leadership role in developing and executing our business strategy and achieving our long-term growth objectives through our corporate alliances, partnerships and other collaborations. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this person will lead the Business Development team in the identification, evaluation, structuring and negotiations of potential partnerships for the company and will play a key role in overseeing the success of the alliances and execution of our partnered programs.
The person must also foster a customer-driven Biosion culture ensuring patients are first in all business activities. This must be accomplished while continuing to deliver our commitments within budget, revenue targets and timelines ensuring the compliance with laws, industry regulations and guidelines. Specifically, the individual will have accountability for providing strategic leadership and cross-functional direction to successfully drive the global partnerships and collaborations of our “SynNovation 100 program”.
- Enforce the development and execution of a value-creation business development strategy.
- Identify and assess opportunities to advance the company’s near- and long-term goals through corporate partnerships and alliances, as well as technology in-licensing and out-licensing.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (science, preclinical development, legal, finance) to understand and support key strategic goals associated with business development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships across a broad sphere of influence, including internal stakeholders, executives and management teams of biopharma companies, venture capitalists, and other external contacts.
- Represent Biosion as the partner of choice at external meetings, conferences and industry events.
- Lead the Business Development team in the development of the business case, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence, deal structuring and negotiation to deliver executed deals.
- Lead/co-lead cross-functional project deal teams that engage key internal stakeholders and external partners (legal counsel, external experts etc.) to ensure successful partnerships.
- Directly manage a portfolio of alliances, monitoring the successful execution of our alliances and partnered programs.
- Lead impasse resolution and serve as a direct contact for partner executives as necessary.
- Provide strategic direction, guidance and mentorship to members of the Business Development and Alliance Management functions.
- D./MBA with at least 8/5 years of relevant industry experience in biotech/pharma or investment banking.
- Experience in negotiating and closing a variety of business agreements including joint ventures, licensing agreements, strategic alliances and other collaborations.
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to evaluate deal alternatives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and strong ability to influence particularly in negotiating and closing business deals.
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks that transactions pose to various aspects of the business.
- Knowledge of market and competitive environment including deal activity and potential opportunities.
- Strong leadership and management experience including strategic thinking, innovation, mentoring, scaling, collaboration, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively understand and act on complex information under high time pressure situations
- Strong understanding of the drug development and regulatory processes, and commercialization of therapeutics.
Nanjing and US. Domestic and international travel is required.
Who are We?
Biosion is a Nanjing-based biotech company focusing on the discovery and preclinical development of innovative biologicals for unmet medical needs. Leveraging its proprietary H³ (High-throughput High-content High-efficiency) antibody platform and SynAb™ technology, Biosion is committed to develop antibody drug candidates with optimal specificity and mechanistic drug properties.
The discovery and early development of superior lead candidates with desired properties is a crucial step in all antibody drug programs, and as such, it is the cornerstone of successful antibody drug development. To overcome this limiting step in innovative antibody drug discovery, the Biosion team has established multiple advanced technology platforms to support their “SynNovation 100 program”. The goal of the SynNovation 100 program is to develop first-in-class or best-in-class antibody drug candidates to 100 critically reviewed drug targets. The SynNovation 100 drug targets include both novel drug targets as well as newly validated ones based on recent preclinical or clinical studies. Biosion’s selected disease areas include cancer, immuno-oncology, autoimmune, inflammatory, and cardiovascular diseases.
During the past several years, Biosion team has successfully delivered multiple therapeutic antibody discovery programs to their clients, which has enabled them to expand their business relationships with numerous pharmaceutical companies. Biosion’s cutting-edge technology and proven-track record in the discovery of superior antibody drug candidates has been fueled by their corporate mission of “Innovation for Cures”. With this mission, the Biosion team is striving to bring innovative and affordable biologics to patients around the world. Additional information can be obtained at www.biosion.com.