Department: Peptide, STA Pharmaceuticals
Position: Executive Director，Head of Peptide Business
Report to: Executive Director, Corporate Development and Communications
Location: China or US
Date: Jan 2018
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assume and manage complete P & L responsibilities for the Unit.
• Develop and implement strategies to grow STA’s peptide business. Ensure that the Unit functions well and that it is profitable.
• Work with local site heads to set up the peptide R&D and production facilities in Changzhou, China.
• Manage the peptide R&D and production teams in Changzhou, China.
• Develop business development strategies for the Unit. Set up quotation guidelines. Work with other STA BD team members to approach customers, discuss proposals and projects.
• Manage key client relationships. Coordinate internal resources to meet client needs.
• Budget planning and management.
• Responsible for recruiting, training and motivating the team members.
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
• Thorough understanding of peptide chemistry and the latest development in the industry, preferably from the CRO/CMO perspective.
• 15 or more years of direct experience in peptide chemistry.
• Understanding the concepts of cGMP manufacturing for peptide chemistry.
• Experience in scale up and technology transfer of peptide API processes.
• Self-motivated with a willingness to accept responsibility and challenges.
• Provide technical directions and support to solve problems during project execution.
• Ability to solve complex business problems and challenges.
• Strong people management and leadership skills to champion a new business unit within an established organization.
• Ability to motivate others.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Client focused approach to work.
Customary Education and Experience:
• Advanced degree in Peptide chemistry with 15+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education (MS, BS) and industry experience.
• Fluent in both English and Chinese.