Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Position type: Full time
Job Code: KB-CMC-01
Required education: Ph.D. Degree (preferred) /Master’s Degree
Area(s) of expertise desired: Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Kumquat Biosciences is committed to the discovery and development of innovative drugs to transform cancer treatments. Kumquat brings together an accomplished management team and distinguished scientific founder to translate innovative research to novel therapeutics. Our team has a proven track record of drug discovery and development, having played pivotal roles in the discovery of multiple clinical-stage compounds as well as an approved drug for the treatment of cancers and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, creative synthetic organic chemist to join our experienced drug development team in San Diego. This candidate will report to the Director of CMC and work closely with Kumquat internal discovery and development teams as well as external CRO/CDMO companies to drive programs into clinical development. This is a position with responsibility for conducting route scouting in house and facilitating process development and production at external CROs/CDMOs. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understand in all aspects of modern synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry with practical experience. A strong team player who is detail-oriented and has the desire to learn and understand life-cycle product management concept and practice is essential. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple programs within the company’s pipeline which comprises potentially first-in class approaches & novel-novel targets.
- • Scale up common intermediates to support medchem effort
- • Conduct route scouting to optimize the synthetic route of development candidates
- • Apply modern synthetic organic chemistry principles to improve synthesis/production process efficiency and quality control
- • Document, organize/interpret experimental data for internal/external presentations as well as possible regulatory filings
- • Responsible for the design, development and optimization of synthetic process that are suitable for API manufacturing on production scale
- • Understand current regulatory requirements and practice to ensure delivery of quality product under cGMP environment
- • Prepare and communicate research results in both oral and written format
- • Contribute to a fast-paced, dynamic, data-driven scientific culture that embraces innovation and excellence
- • Ph.D. or M.S. in synthetic organic chemistry with or without prior industry experience (title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and other qualifications)
- • Highly familiar with modern organic chemistry especially heterocyclic chemistry and ability to design and synthesis complex organic molecules
- • Solid understanding of modern analytical technics required for organic structure identification and elucidation
- • Track record of accomplishment in synthetic organic chemistry as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications
- • Strong written and communication skills, good problem-solving abilities, and an ability to work effectively with a diverse team of co-workers in a dynamic environment
Kumquat Biosciences offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives.