HD Biosciences Co., Ltd. a WuXi AppTec company, is a biology-focused preclinical drug discovery contract research organization (CRO) with operation facilities in Shanghai, China, San Diego, California, and Cranbury, New Jersey. The company offers comprehensive service platforms around target validation, plate-based pharmacology, hit identification and lead discovery, therapeutic antibody discovery, DMPK and safety, in vivo pharmacology, as well as other research and development services. The company currently collaborates with global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and has established strategic partnership in many key R&D areas with the impacts to client’s portfolio development. The strong scientific expertise, high quality and consistent deliveries, which constantly meet or exceed client’s expectations, have earned the company a great reputation in the industry and helped the company to build its widely recognized leadership in preclinical contract research services.
- Design, implement, and perform projects for functional assay development.
- Independently develop and performing assays to evaluate biologic drug candidates, such as ELISA, western blot, kinase assays, etc.
- Develop assays in biochemical and cell based formats that are suitable for SAR screening in 96 or 384-well formats
- Provides operational support for assay development activities including media/buffer preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment/materials staging/ Aseptic Technique
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
- Works under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments
- Performs support functions (e.g. Runner function) on the Plate-based Pharmacology team
- PhD degree (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology), work experience preferred or Master’s degree (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Molecular biology) with 3 years of related work experience or Bachelor’s degree (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Molecular biology) with 5 years of related work experience
- Proven hands-on experience with cell based assays and biochemical assays
- Deep understanding of molecular biology and cell biology and experience in mammalian cell culture and compound handling techniques
- Experience with methods such as luminescence, fluorescence, absorbance and radiometric detection is preferred
- Demonstrated strong understanding of complex scientific procedures with technical proficiency in molecular and cell biology
- Industry experience in Pharma/Biotech and/or drug R&D process is preferred
6122 Nancy Ridge Drive
San Diego, CA 92121