NEWOPP Biopharmaceuticals is focused on the discovery and development of new therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. We are seeking a motivated biological scientist to join our drug discovery team. This position will play a key role in leading and executing all aspects of our discovery efforts, from target validation, assay development, lead identification and optimization, biomarker study, to transitioning into pre-IND /IND development stage.
- Design and develop in vitro biochemical and cellular assays to screen, test and characterize small molecules to drive medicinal chemistry programs;
- Partner with external in vivo biologists to assess pharmacodynamics and efficacy of therapeutic candidates in preclinical models;
- Lead and/or provide support to transitioning into pre-IND/IND development stage;
- Design and conduct experiments to validate targets with the potential to translate into innovative cancer therapies;
- Perform data collection, analysis, documentation, and interpretation;
- This position works internally and with external partners and contractors to help drive discovery projects.
Experience & Education
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in life sciences, with >2 years minimum of independent research experience in an academic or industry setting preferred;
- A deep scientific understanding and hands-on experience in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry or in oncology area;
- Demonstrated potential to work in a highly-interactive and fast-paced drug discovery environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint and DNA and protein analysis software;
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills along with strengths in delivering results on firm deadlines in support of discovery/development programs.