Biocytogen Boston Corp. (BBC) is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and highly motivated senior scientist and product manager to join our Gene Targeting (GT) & Genetically Engineered Model (GEM) Team to execute Biocytogen’s GEM external and internal projects, and support BBC business development with both industrial and academic collaborators. The successful candidate will be a strategic key member of a fast-paced and expanding biotech company. The desired candidate will leverage a strong background in immunology, oncology and gene editing with exceptional product management skills to help external and internal collaborators apply GEMs on the process from targeting discovery to preclinical evaluations. The ideal candidate should be goal oriented, disciplined, and have the ability to independently lead and manage products/projects through GEM production completion, validation and application. The successful candidate will work with cross-function teams to make an impact.
- Lead the scientific support on all Biocytogen catalog GE models and models under development as a product manager or study director; Contribute extensively to the lead to contract conversion process
- Play a key role in the development of Biocytogen GEM team to grow the business; Work closely with Global and Regional leaders to achieve annual goals; Direct and lead cross-functional teams throughout the product development cycle
- Work closely with model production team, R&D, BD, Operations, Finance, Quality as well as other functions in the organization to ensure alignment, execution and prioritization for projects within the portfolio
- Develop strategic vision/plan on new GE model building to provide innovation and value to both external and internal parterners, from identificatin of the market needs and voice of the customer, to concept and new product development/validation, new product lanunch; Manage and directly announce new product launch to BBC team
- Work with BD team, engage and follow up with key clients closely to maintain the long-term partnership; Help BD team and identify new business opportunities in developing strategic plans through expansion of catalog models into new market segments, or enhancements of existing models to maximize opportunities. Work with cross functional teams to develop strategies and ensure that the strategy can be translated into an executable plan
- Once the plan (based on catalog models) and contract is in place, allocate the project to the designated project manager; Monior the project manager’s monthly update to the clients; Provide technical support to the clients as needed
- Lead, mentor, train and provide direction and support to Marketing personnel, BDs, junior PMs, encouraging effective teamwork and positive relationships with other functions
- Set the strategic direction and tactical implementation to grow Biocytogen’s GEM business and development; Provide feedback/statistics/metrics of all product lines to the team; Representing BBC GT&GEM team, periodically present to the Global GE Model head and Senior Leadership to gain alignment
- Work with shipping department and clients to ensure the model delivery goes smoothly; Provide post-sale technical support to the clients as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- PhD in immunology, cancer biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, or related field in Biomedical Sciences with minimum 3+ years of academic or biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong background in Immunology is prefered
- Extentive experience in in vitro and in vivo pharmacology and efficacy studies is desirable
- Extensive experience in Immuno Oncology is a plus
- Solid technical background and Proven track record in developing and/or GM model validation and applications as evidenced in publications/patents etc.
- Proven track record of delivering technical products in a fast paced regulated environment
- Strong client-facing and communcation skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to engage the clients with your vision and technical expertise
- Solid organization skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
BIOCYTOGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at BIOCYTOGEN BOSTON CORP are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, disability, mental illness, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.