HD Biosciences, a WuXi AppTec company, located in San Diego, CA is seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist to join our discovery research team. The Scientist /Senior scientist (depending on the working experience) will play a role in the fast-paced and dynamic R&D team. She/he will independently lead the projects including human iPSC/ESC culture, reprogramming, differentiation, and assay development using the iPSC derivatives. Extensive hands-on experience in working with human iPSCs is required.
Essential Job Functions and Requirements:
- Lead research efforts on gene editing, cell line generation, target validation and compound characterization studies.
- Independently generate study plans and design experiments.
- Proficiently executes molecular biology, biochemistry and cell-based assays with high assay development and troubleshooting skills.
- Accurately interprets data, communicates experimental results internally and externally, and generates project reports.
- Search and utilize literature and external resources to support internal studies.
- Implements novel technologies and platforms to add value to the organization.
- Performs job specific tasks in compliance with applicable regulations, WuXi AppTec policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
Experience / Education
- MS with 5+ or PhD with 3+ years working experience (Both Industrial and academic) in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or closely related fields
- Candidates with industrial experience is preferred but not required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of cell line development, including knockout, knock in and stable overexpression cells.
- In-depth knowledge of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology.
- Expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology assays, such as molecular cloning, cell culture, DNA/RNA transfection, virus production & infection, flow cytometry, immunoblot, qPCR, protein purification, cell-based functional assays, etc.
- Experience with human iPSC/ESC culture and familiar with differentiation models are desirable.
- Experience with plate-based and cell-based pharmacology assays, automated workstation and high-throughput screening is desirable.
- Ability to multitask across several research areas/projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and record-keeping skills.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and other software/websites for primer design, sequencing, data analysis and graphing.
- High standards of scientific rigor and integrity.
- Must be able to work in a lab setting with exposure to chemical and biohazards
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must have clarity of vision
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.