HD Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego), a WuXi AppTec Company, is expanding its in vivo Pharmacology team. We’re seeking a highly skilled and motivated Research Associate III to support our in vivo pharmacology team for various projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures
- Perform complex in vivo pharmacology experiments utilizing tumor models (syngeneic, xenograft tumor models and humanized mouse models) in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice; responsible for project execution, data update/presentation, and study report preparation
- Perform formulation of small molecules and conduct animal dosing (IV, PO, IP, SC), tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.
- Analyze results and generate reports on assays performed.
- Active role in training other employees
- Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice and trouble-shooting with instructions
- Performs support functions with instructions within the department as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Maybe required to work Holidays and weekends
- Maybe required to work Overtime
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other duties as assigned
- May be required to assist in other departments
Experience / Education
- Master degree in Molecular and Cell Biology or Bachelor degree with minimum 2 -3 year of relative working experience.
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies, e.g. sterile cell culture techniques, and rodent handling experience (animal dosing (IV, PO, IP, SC), tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.) in academic or industry laboratory environment.
- Work experience in CRO or in a commercial setting is preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of scientific procedures with technical proficiency in molecular and cell biology
- Good written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills to seamlessly fit within a teamwork driven environment.
- Effectively communicate with internal team colleagues and external clients to promote a world-class services.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 10 lbs routinely
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to push/pull 10 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
- Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
- Inside/outside working conditions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.