Zentalis Pharmaceuticals is a San Diego based pharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of small molecule therapeutics targeting fundamental biological pathways of cancer. In the six years since our inception, we have successfully cleared four INDs with the FDA. We believe our deep pipeline of oncology therapeutics has the potential to significantly improve the lives of patients with various types of cancer.
Responsible for designing and conducting research studies to support our drug discovery programs. In addition, evaluates the effects of novel compounds in cancer models (in vitro & in vivo).
- Maintain cancer cell lines and establish stable / drug resistant cell lines
- Perform semi high-throughput assays and prepare/maintain necessary assay reagents
- Participate to target validation
- Develop and conduct various cell-based assays to characterize potency of drug candidates
- Develop and validate new assays & technologies
- Develop other molecular biology-based assays using techniques such as cloning, DNA/RNA/protein extraction and RT-PCR
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- MS or BS with 4 years of experience (pharmaceutical/biotech industry)
- Knowledge of cancer biology, signal transduction pathways and transcription regulation
- Experience in cell culture. Experience in spheroid / organoid culture is desirable
- Experience with cell-based assays with a variety of readout technologies in low, medium, and high throughput
- Highly experienced in protein assay development such as western blot, flow cytometry, ELISA, Mesocale and immunoprecipitation
- Experience in chromatin immunoprecipitation is a plus
- Experienced in molecular biology techniques such as cloning and qPCR
- Experience in preparation of libraries for Next Generation Sequencing is a plus
- Ability to multi-task/ prioritize and time management of daily activities
- Intermediate to advanced software skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates high level of accuracy and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility within a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent ability to work in a goal and team-oriented setting
- Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to thrive under pressure