Zentalis Pharmaceuticals is a San Diego-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of small molecule therapeutics targeting fundamental biological pathways of cancer. In the six years since our inception, we have successfully cleared four INDs with the FDA. We believe our deep pipeline of oncology therapeutics has the potential to significantly improve the lives of patients with various types of cancer.
The Network Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining, evaluating, and improving our network and its security across all locations with the guidance of senior team members and
management. This unique position will allow the candidate to become actively involved with both the hardware, software, network infrastructure, and cybersecurity sides of information technology.
- Manage, maintain, and support Network Infrastructure for New York and San Diego offices.
- Install, maintain, and support LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet systems.
- Deploy and perform administrative roles for Active Directory (Group Policy, DNS, etc.)
- Perform server backups, security management, and maintain system documentation.
- Implement, manage, and maintain server related projects.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software or other network and system problems.
- Configure and maintain network firewalls, servers, VM’s, routers, and switches.
- Manage deployment of updates, security patches, and virus protection for network devices and computers.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor log events generated by firewalls and security appliances.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Provide some technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer system, software, and hardware.
- Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or relevant field; and/or 5 to 7 years related experience. Preferred experience in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- 3+ years network administration & engineering experience/role.
- Hands-on experience with computer network, network administration, and network installation.
- Proficient with site-to-site VPN, firewall, windows server, network infrastructure, and cybersecurity.
- Experience Oracle Database, AWS, Azure, or Cloud Database a plus.
- Network design and implementation.
- Problem solving, strategic planning, multi-tasking, quality focus.
- Strong technical knowledge and abilities.
- Experience in network and IT equipment evaluation/test/repair, and technical troubleshooting and corrective maintenance development.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Familiarity with Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- MCSE, CISSP, CCNA, or CCNP certification a plus.
- Flexible working hours.
- Some lightweight lifting of up to 50 lbs.