Denovo Biopharma is a privately held biotech company providing a novel biomarker solution to personalize drug development. Our platform can be broadly applied to biomarker discovery in many therapeutic areas, such as oncology, metabolic, cardiology, immunology and neurology.
The Bioinformatics Scientist/Sr Bioinformatics Scientist will catalyze computational analysis of large volumes of genomic and clinical data with the aim of developing precision medicine approaches for the rescue of drugs that have failed late stage clinical trials. This individual will play a key scientific role leveraging innovative computational analysis strategies and a wide range of data sources to discover novel clinical biomarkers to improve therapeutic outcomes in complex diseases of unmet medical need with specific focus on the identification of genetic biomarkers that relate to disease subgroups and therapeutic response. Areas of particular focus include systems-level analysis of genetic association studies to discover novel biomarkers for oncology and CNS diseases. Successful candidates include individuals looking to bridge the gap between academic and industrial research environments to impact delivery of truly innovative and life-changing therapies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinated application of novel computational analysis and biological interpretation approaches to leverage internal, public and partner datasets to empower pharmacogenomics biomarker research.
- Data integration across various genomic platforms.
- Participation in and oversight of scientific report writing. Presentation of methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard.
- Contribution to planning and execution of collaborative projects with leading academic and commercial research groups.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, maintain a highly productive and motivating work environment.
Education, Certifications, Experience
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related field.
- 5+ years post-doctoral experience of inter-disciplinary computational and drug discovery research in a university, hospital or biotechnology environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in pharma/biotech research environment is preferable.
- Experience working with data from clinical trials and health care data.
- Track record of peer-reviewed publication in relevant scientific journals.
- Expertise in genetic association studies and the analysis and interpretation of next-generation sequencing data are prerequisites.
- Previous experience in the field of precision medicine is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge required of genetic association analysis and interpretation, and applied computational research of large multivariate datasets.
- Expertise in algorithmic implementation, statistical programming, and data manipulation, using R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, and a wide range of contemporary open-source bioinformatics tools and databases.
- Strong proficiency and understanding of machine learning algorithms & principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent verbal and written English language skills are prerequisite.
- A strong interest in the inter-disciplinary application of computational analysis to life sciences data is imperative, as is a rich background and experience in bioinformatics and computational biology research.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Activities: On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel may be required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.