Denovo Biopharma is a privately held biotech company providing a novel biomarker solution to personalize drug development. Our platform can be broadly applied to biomarker discovery in many therapeutic areas, such as oncology, metabolic, cardiology, immunology and neurology.
Under the general guidance by the Scientist, the Research Associate will perform basic molecular and cell biology
assays, assist in clinical sample organization and databases, preparing protocols and technical reports, and presenting data and findings. The Research Associate will also help with the maintenance of instruments and laboratory environment to support the advancement of the company’s programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for independently conducting experiments, organizing, and maintaining experimental records.
- Responsible for receiving, tracking, and maintaining clinical samples
- Prepare, maintain, and update the clinical sample databases
- Perform functional cell-based assays for efficacy studies of targeted drug candidates
- Perform DNA, RNA, and protein isolation from whole blood, plasma, and tissues of clinical specimens
- Perform RT-PCR, DNA genotyping and other molecular and cell biology assays
- Responsible for maintenance of safe and efficient procedures in the laboratory
Education, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years or Master’s degree with 3-5 years of industry/academic laboratory experience or equivalent in molecular biology or biochemistry field.
- Basic biolab safety training for handling clinal samples and experimental reagents
- Proficient in Windows, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of other software required
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Activities: Requires the physical ability to be mobile in a laboratory, office, professional and industrial environment, to finger and grasp materials, and to communicate effectively. Vision demands good depth perception and availability to manipulate objects in three dimensions. On a continuous basis, time is spent sitting, standing, and walking. Lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. Also requires the mental ability to read and comprehend policies, procedures, instructions, etc., to write reports, to use
logic and data to solve problems, to assess needs, and varying degrees of independence, judgment, and discretion.
- Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Laboratory work may involve the presence or handling of biohazardous and infectious materials. Environmental health and safety requirements apply.
- Travel: Travel may be required up to 5% of your time to different labs or local companies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.