Denovo Biopharma is a privately held biotech company providing a novel biomarker solution to personalize drug development. Our platform can be broadly applied to biomarker discovery in many therapeutic areas, such as oncology, metabolic, cardiology, immunology and neurology.
All of Denovo’s assets are in-licensed or acquired, so this role is essential in continuing to feed Denovo’s pipeline with new assets. This role will scout for, conduct initial diligence, and manage full diligence of potential assets for in-licensing/acquisition. Additionally, this role will conduct financial analyses and modeling to understand the potential value of the assets to Denovo and support the negotiation strategy. He/she will participate in the structuring and conduct of negotiations for these assets. For assets identified for out-licensing, this role will identify appropriate partners, contact, and lead due diligence activities and participate in negotiations. This role will report to the CBO.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuously scout for in-licensing/acquisition opportunities and conduct initial due diligence with minimal oversight
- Own and maintain company database of in-licensing opportunities
- Ensure partnering discussions are appropriately followed up to ensure timely negotiations and deal closing
- Conduct due diligence activities for potential in-licensing opportunities with BD team and manage the overall assessment of transactions with other internal functions and consultants
- Integrate and summarize scientific, clinical, financial, and market information into presentation and negotiation materials
- Lead/participate in negotiations for in-licensing and out-licensing of assets
- Build and own financial models to evaluate value of in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities
- Structure negotiation strategy and tactics for Denovo’s in-licensing and out-licensing efforts
- Build a scientific, clinical, and commercial business case for Denovo’s assets with the aim of facilitating partnership of the assets (out-licensing)
- Ensure that all relevant supporting documentation for transactions is of the highest quality
- Develop a strategy to ensure Denovo is viewed as an attractive partner for those seeking to license assets.
- Coordinate with Alliance Management to ensure compliance with existing contracts with partners and assist with negotiation of amendments as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications, Experience
- Advanced degree (MBA or Ph.D. in pharmaceutical-related field) required
- Advanced scientific degree (MS/Ph.D.) preferred
- At least ten years of biopharmaceutical (or related) industrial experience
- Large network of contacts to draw upon for potential licensing opportunities
- In-depth knowledge of the drug research and development process and the regulatory, reimbursement and commercial environments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify, negotiate, and close value-adding partnerships and acquisitions
- Ability to simplify complex ideas/concepts, synthesize and summarize a complex set of facts, and set opportunities within the broader strategic context
- Must demonstrate scientific knowledge and gravitas to hold/drive meaningful scientific discussions with industrial and academic experts and key opinion leaders
- Comfortable with ambiguity around assessing new business opportunities
- Adept at handling multiple projects and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to foster interactions with potential partners and to drive the evaluation process and make recommendations within Denovo
- Executive presence and leadership skills
- Highly motivated and proactive, with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well within a group and with other teams
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.