Denovo Biopharma is a privately held biotech company providing a novel biomarker solution to personalize drug development. Our platform can be broadly applied to biomarker discovery in many therapeutic areas, such as oncology, metabolic, cardiology, immunology and neurology.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager will play an integral role and perform full clerical, administrative and general office assistance to support the efficient operation of a growing organization. The successful candidate must demonstrate professional discretion, independent judgment, strong initiative and follow through, a customer service orientation and is a strong role model of company culture. This role is based in San Diego and will report to the COO (Chief Operating Officer).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees all aspects of general office coordination and support including interacting with employees, clients, vendors and visitors.
- Handles confidential matters on a regular basis requiring discretion and judgment
- Coordinates all communications including reception and telephone activities
- Files and retrieves organizational documents, records and reports
- Initiates and manages document signing processes
- Opens, sorts and distributes incoming correspondence including faxes and general co. emails
- Signs for and distributes UPS/Fedex or similarly delivered packages
- Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Maintains office calendar to coordinate workflow and meetings
- Coordinates and maintains records for office space/facilities, telephones, parking and office property
- Coordinates and directs office services, such as records and housekeeping
- Collects and maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies
- Research, prices and purchases office furniture, equipment and supplies
- Arranges for the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Manages set up of company meetings and recognition events
- Supports administrative needs of Senior Leadership
- Anticipates administrative needs of the senior leaders supported and identify and take charge of processes to meet those needs
- Maintains schedule for CEO and other Senior executives as required
- Makes travel arrangements for staff as needed and assists with expense reporting for Executives
- Creates and modifies documents such as invoices, reports, memos and letters using Microsoft Office, or other programs.
- May conduct research, compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation to the CEO and Board of Directors
- Manages special projects as required.
- Sets up and coordinates meetings and conferences
- Attends committee meetings or other meetings as requested in order to record minutes;
Compiles, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings
- Assists with company Internal Control system maintenance, updating and compliance
- Other support
- Assists recruitment with job postings, job descriptions, interview scheduling
- General backup for HR administrative processes including support of New Hire orientation and separation processes
Education, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent level of education and experience working within the corporate setting
- 5 plus years administrative support experience with a minimum of 2 years C-level executive administrative support experience within biotech, pharmaceutical and/or life science industry required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel are required
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with excellent customer service focus
- Demonstrates good judgement and takes initiative
- Attention to detail and the ability to balance competing priorities are essential
- Must possess a strong commitment to high quality workmanship and team spirit
- Strong organizational skills are necessary.
- Expertise in handling domestic and international travel arrangements
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines
- Ability to demonstrate professional discretion
- Flexibility with work hours is preferred
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Activities: On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 25 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.