HD Biosciences Co., Ltd. a WuXi AppTec company, is a biology-focused preclinical drug discovery contract research organization (CRO) with operation facilities in Shanghai, China, San Diego, California, and Cranbury, New Jersey. The company offers comprehensive service platforms around target validation, plate-based pharmacology, hit identification and lead discovery, therapeutic antibody discovery, DMPK and safety, in vivo pharmacology, as well as other research and development services. The company currently collaborates with global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and has established strategic partnerships in many key R&D areas with the impacts to client’s portfolio development. The strong scientific expertise, high quality and consistent deliveries, which constantly meet or exceed client’s expectations, have earned the company a great reputation in the industry and helped the company to build its widely recognized leadership in preclinical contract research services.
HD Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego), a WuXi AppTec Company, is expanding its In-vivo Pharmacology Division. We are seeking a skilled and motivated Scientist II to join the team.
- Perform and be in charge of complex in vivo pharmacology experiments utilizing tumor models (syngeneic, xenograft tumor models and humanized mouse models) in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice; responsible for project execution, data update/presentation, and study report preparation
- Perform formulation of small molecules and conduct animal dosing (IV, PO, IP, SC), tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.
- Lead trouble-shooting and issue solving efforts to ensure successful delivery of client’s projects
- Implement, optimize, and validate animal models in different disease areas
- Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external clients to promote a world-class service
- Accurately interpret experimental data, draw general conclusions, and communicate data internally and externally
- Routinely generates new ideas, systematically evaluates new technologies and implements those that add value
- Consistently provide study-specific supervision and mentorship as appropriate (experimental, coaching and performance reviews)
- More tasks as required and mentorship as appropriate (experimental and coaching)
- PhD degree (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology) with 2-4 years of related work experience in immune oncology or pharmaceutical related services or Master’s degree (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Molecular biology) with 4 years of related work experience in immune oncology or pharmaceutical related services
- General knowledge in tumor immunology, cellular immunology, autoimmunity and high dimensional flow cytometry
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies, e.g. sterile cell culture techniques, and rodent handling experience (animal dosing (IV, PO, IP, SC), tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.) in academic or industry laboratory environment
6122 Nancy Ridge Drive
San Diego, CA 92121