Job Description: The Scientist (Primary Cell / Product Group) plays a role in the fast-paced and dynamic manufacture and R&D team. She/he will support the group lead to execute the projects in product generation, CRO services and R&D programs in the Primary Cell / Product group, including primary cell isolation, and various assays using primary cells. The individual will interact with other internal and external departments for project development.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead CRO projects independently under the supervision of the group lead in Primary Cell / Product groups, including product generation & QC, CRO services and R&D projects
- Isolate and characterize primary cells from animal and human tissue specimens
- Evaluate the project's feasibility, estimate the cost and execute the project within the budget and timeline
- Prepare the project report, and work with the project manager for report updates
- Prepare and update company SOPs
- Assist in training of sales and technical support teams
- Mentor, train and/or coach Research Associates
- Represent the company at professional meetings both within and outside of the company
- MS with 5+ or Ph.D. with 3+ years working experience in biology, pharmacology or closely related fields. Candidates with industrial experience is preferred
- Experience with handling rodents or human tissue specimens is a requirement; experience in liver and kidney tissue processing is ideal
- Proficiency in rodent dissection, primary cell culture, immunofluorescence staining, flow cytometry, etc.
- Ability to multitask across several research areas/projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes quickly
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organization and record-keeping skills
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and other software for sequencing analysis and data graphing
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment. Effectively collaborate across functional teams
Job Type: Full-time
Be aware that your job responsibilities may change at any time during your employment. From time to time, you may be asked to work on special projects, or to assist with other work necessary or important to the operation of your department or iXCells. Your cooperation and assistance in performing such additional work is expected. iXCells reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities.