HD Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego), a WuXi AppTec Company, is expanding its in vivo Pharmacology team. We’re seeking a highly motivated Research Associate I to support our in vivo pharmacology team for various projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with in vivo pharmacology experiments for preclinical contract research
- Perform in vivo studies to evaluate anti-cancer efficacy of test agents in tumor mouse models with supervision
- Monitor mouse groups enrolled in drug efficacy, mechanism of action, PKPD and proof-of-concept studies
- Perform drug dosing by various routes of administration
- Perform in-life blood sampling through various routes
- Perform necropsy and tumor/organ sampling and processing
- Monitor in-life study measurements: tumor volume, body weight, tracking overall health condition and survival of mice
- Enter data in study management software
- Perform sterile cell culture technique for tumor cell expansion
- Help to optimize additional animal models as needed
- Assist with other experiments as required and with direct supervision
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
Experience / Education
- Bachelors preferred with 0-1 years’ experience in Biology related field.
- Experience in handling rodents/mice in in vivo pharmacology studies a plus
- Experience in Biology Lab/ bench work experience preferred; e.g. sterile cell culture techniques, and in vitro/ex vivo immune cell-based assays in academic or industry laboratory environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills; able to work in a team-oriented environment. Effectively collaborate across cross functional teams
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals
- Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 10 lbs occasionally
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Clarity of Vision
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.